The Options for the Control of Influenza VIII conference is pleased to announce that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will support 30 Fellows from economically disadvantaged areas to attend the Options VIII conference.
Travel Fellowships include:
- Round trip economy class airfare to/from Cape Town, South Africa
- VISA fees
- Ground transportation to/from Cape Town hotel/airport
- Accommodation (Hotel to be determined by the Options VIII Conference Secretariat)
- Conference registration fees (includes 1 year membership to the International Society for Influenza and other Respiratory Virus Diseases (isirv), isirv journal subscription and Options VIII conference proceedings
- Daily stipend
Applicants must fill out the form provided here and comply with all of the following eligibility guidelines:
- Applicants must be from an economically disadvantaged area. Please click here for a list of qualifying areas.
- Applicant must currently work or study in the field of influenza and must provide documentation on their institution’s letterhead to confirm their current position. If the Applicant does not provide such documentation, he/she will be disqualified from consideration. Documentation should be uploaded on the Travel Fellowship application form at the time of submission.
- Submit a 300 word summary explaining how attendance at the Options VIII conference will impact the applicant’s studies or education in the field of influenza. The 300 word summary should be copied and pasted in the text box provided on the Travel Fellowship application form.
*Current Options VIII registrants are ineligible for this Travel Fellowship.
Please note it is not required for applicants to submit or present an abstract at the Options VIII conference.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 8 JULY